Thursday, September 24, 2015

P&R Plans : Name change and Details

If you have been following my recent posts on the facebook page, then you know I've been planning on this for a couple months now.  My mind has been in a whirl of thoughts.

This first started out as a tiny business on October 22, 2013.  I designed logos for photographers.  I never knew what it would turn into today! It is amazing. All the images shared, talent seen and beautiful people "met".  I knew that it would take a while to get up to where I am now, and never even imagined how it would impact me.  While I was determined to inspire others, it also inspired me!

I have come to the decision to change the name. Why?  I want it to reflect what I do on this page, inspire,  excite and reflect the honest, raw beauty of this life we have been given.  It was hard,  I stayed up many nights thinking to myself if this was a good decision.. and this past month or so it has been very strong. And so the new name is....

"A
PHOTOGRAPHER'S
CHRONICLE"

I am in love with it, a photographer is like a chronicle, documenting their day, a families bond, a couples love or  the beautiful unity of newly weds.  We document important parts of our life, while slowly building up a beautiful series of small moments or big moments.  I thought it fit beautifully and am SO excited to start this new step. <3

But it's not just the name change.  It's the whole page, the blog, the name, and design. everything.  It hit me the other day... how much I put on myself.  Almost every day of the week has one task I have to do on this blog.  While I love it, a person can only put so much on their plate.  I started noticing I was as motivated to even touch the laptop.  I started falling behind, but then the truth hit me.  You've started too much! You got too excited! 

From theme announcing, guest judges, top tens, featuring artists, the inspiration weekly blog posts, designing logos and then you add life to all that.  It is too much for one person! So, with all this name change planning, I went into some serious thought and decided what is best.  I will be simplifying the page by a lot.  It makes so sad to even say these words.. I love doing all these things. But please understand, you see just the blog posts and featured artists, but there is so much I have to do on the other end. <3 Below is a list of what will be taken out and what will be replaced. I am excited but also sad about this.  I understand I may lose a few followers, but I don't mind. Big numbers never meant anything to me!

I will have a schedule of what days each of these will be taking place. I am going to take the whole month of November off to design the branding, set up the new blog and create the schedule.  I wanted the titles to fit with the theme of the new name.  A beautiful story book.  I am going to try and incorperate it into the post titles.

 Here is the list:

"A
PHOTOGRAPHER'S
CHRONICLE"

Keeping and Losing:

Themes: *Losing*
Being changed to "Weekly Favorites"
But, there will be a theme once or twice a month

Why:
I feel this will give the artist more freedom to express their art instead of being constrained to a certain theme every sinlge week.  But I also want there to be a challenge in order to help that artist grow by having maybe 1 or 2 themes once a month.

_

Featured Artists: *Keeping*
There will continue to be a featured artist every week.
Their new title:
"Artist Publication: Example Name Photography"


_

Inspiration Weekly: *Losing*

Why:
I bit off more than I could chew with starting this. At the time it seemed so wonderful, and still it is a wonderful thing, but I said every week?? The first one was big and took a while and lots of planning. It would stress me to the core to do that every week. I hope you understand

_

Top Ten: *Keeping*
There will contiue to be a top ten which will be soon called "Weekly Select: Edition I"

_

Cover artists: *Keeping* 
The cover artist will continue to be chosen.
The selected artist with top honors in the weekly select gets the cover. :)


_

Guest Judges: *Unsure*
I am still thinking about guest judges, the decision for them going is uncertain for now! :)

Will Be Adding:

"Artist Scrapbook"

The 'artist scrapbook' will take place on the last day of each month.  It is a grid type index of all the features and artists that took place in that month, a way to find beautiful new talent, look through each months scrapbook for inspiration or in case you missed the month and want to catch up. 

_

I hope you are as excited as I am! But I also hope you understand how much stress there can be in keeping this blog up and running.  If you have any thoughts on the upcoming changes, please let me know on the facebook page.  P&R will always have a special place in my heart, I hope you will continue to follow me with this amazing journey!

xoxoxo

~Rose
















No comments:

Post a Comment