Thursday, March 12, 2015

Meet this Weeks Guest Judge // Stacie Huddleston Photography

March 12, 2015

Good Afternoon,

Pearls and Roses is proud to present our second guest judge! Woohoo!
I introduce to you, Stacie of Stacie Huddleston Photography

She has been a supporter on this page for awhile! She is kind, caring and very, very talented.
Her images contain lots of smiles and laughter, they're real, emotive and sweet to the core!
You will be inspired and in smiles by the time you reach the end of this introduction! :)



 When did you start to pursue photography and why?

         Like most mommas, I have always loved taking photographs of my children.  I started with a 35mm film camera & then a nice point and shoot while my two sons were little.  Of coarse I cherished the photos I had taken with my other cameras, but I knew I wanted something more.  I bought my very first DSLR (Nikon D5100) in early 2013, while I was pregnant with my little girl.  I wanted to achieve the beautifully blurred backgrounds and  have the stunning newborn photos I would drool over when I seen them on the web.  Sadly, my shiny new DSLR camera was stuck on Auto mode the entire time I owned it.  My daughter was born in September 2013 and I decided it was time to really get serious this time.  I upgraded my camera and by April 2014, I started my never looking back journey into Manuel mode photography and building my portfolio.


  Why do you love what you do? 

         I am a HUGE family history buff.  Taking photographs is a way to hold onto our memories and pass them down for generations to come.  One of my favorite quote's is from Joe McNally~ 

"Our pictures are our footprints, it's the best way to tell someone we were here." 

 I want that same priceless gift for myself and all my clients.


  What is the most important thing that matters to you in your business? 
       
         This is a tough one.  I guess I'd have to say to keep learning and growing and above all have fun doing it.  The art of photography has so many creative levels to keep me learning and growing.  And if I don't enjoy it with every ounce of my being then the passion and fun will quickly diminish.


  What is some of your favorite photographic equipment to use on your shoots? 
       
         Well, my down to earth personality and {sometimes failed} goofy attempts to get children to smile is always my #1 go to when shooting.  My Nikon D7100 camera does help too ;)  I almost always have my Nikon 35mm 1.8G attached to it.  My 5 in 1 reflector comes in handy as well.  But my newest love is my Yongnuo 568EX speedlight that I'm still getting used to. 


  What's your favorite time of day to shoot in?
       
          Who doesn't love the beautiful tones during the 'Golden Hour'?  I do, but I also love the moody shots you can get with low lighting and I really enjoy capturing photographs of the moon.  I really don't have a favorite time... anytime is a great time to capture memories. <<< {I admit, that last sentence may have sounded corny} :)


 If you were to give another photographer a piece of advice, what would it be? 
         
           Please, please, please don't get stuck in Auto mode like I did.  There are so many wonderful tools on the web to help you get started in Manuel.  I promise that I 100% understand it seems intimidating and confusing, it can still be a challenge at times for me now.  But the sense of accomplishment & pride that you will gain are priceless.  P.S~ Your inner creativity will thank you!

♦-♦-♦

I hope you enjoyed this introduction! And thank you Stacie for taking to time to share your honest answers with our readers here at P&R, you truly are an inspiration to our community. ♥

Hope everyone has a wonderful week, and don't forget to share your 
"Make Believe"
images to our FB wall.

xoxo









No comments:

Post a Comment