Today we bring you Natalie of Act Naturally Photography to the blog! I'm so excited to share her work with you. She was last weeks weekly winner for "Winter Magic", and if you haven't seen her winning image, please go do it! You will be glad.
Her photos are rich, raw and real.
Every photo I see is stunning and beautiful in its own way. I am honored and excited to add her to my list of featured photographers because she is amazing.
After she had been picked I decided to check out her page, my mind was blown.
This woman is out of this world talented.
Here are some questions I listed in the form, her answers are not only inspiring but can be used to learn! Please take a moment to view the feature and learn a little bit about her and her photography journey.
1. When did you start to pursue photography and why?
Like many others, there was a shift in my interest in photography after my first child was born. I wanted to document her; her smiles, her hands and feet, her eyes, and what her days were like. I felt compelled to try to photograph the intangible. It made me feel better somehow, like I was stopping time from moving too fast.
2. Why do you love what you do?
My photography is, in many ways, an expression of my love. It's how I communicate when words or other mediums fail. Creating memories that last a lifetime by way of photograph is important and priceless.
3. What is the most important thing that matters to you in your business?
I am much more concerned with getting the right clients, than a lot of clients. My niche is Lifestyle photography, that's my happy place and where I do my best work. Sometimes I get inquires to do more traditional shoots, and I'm just not the right photographer to do those types of sessions. And I am 100% ok with that now.
4. What is some of your favorite photographic equipment to use on your shoots?
- Sigma 35mm f/1.4
- Canon 5D Mark ii
- Lensbaby sweet 35
- Canon 24-105 f/4.0
5. What's your favorite time of day to shoot in?
Well....there is no replacement for the deliciousness of the golden hour. The light during that time of day inspires me most.
6. If you were to give another photographer a piece of advice, what would it be?
Photography is best approached as a life long journey. Continue to learn and push yourself, connect with other artists, seek inspiration from myriad places, and shoot often. If you do those things, I think you will find you will be a very happy photographer.
If you would like to check out her work further please check out the links below! <3 Hope you enjoyed this feature!! have a great week.
- Website www.actnaturallyphotography.com
- Blog https://actnaturallyphotography.com/blog2/
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Act-Naturally-Photography/149530258482528
- Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/+NatalieWheelerActNaturallyPhotography/posts
- Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/natalieannewheeler